The village is located in the Koura district on the hills overlooking the Mediterranean to the south of Tripoli.
It is divided into the northern and southern regions.
Eng. Moustapha El-Hajj Youssef
Eng. Adel Abdo
Dr. Ghassan Antoun
Mr. Michael Fahed
Mr. Hassan Sharrouf
Mr. Michel Ghajar
Mr. Jalil Bou Shahine
Mr. Alec Dib
The name of the village is probably derived from the Aramaic language, Ras meaning top
and maska meaning drinking stream.” The equivalent meaning could be the top of the stream. Many believe that Ras Maska’s name is also derived from the Syriac word meaning the ascension and progress.”
The town maintains an old 3 km long tunnel called Al-Naqra, which is believed to have been constructed to irrigate the gardens of Tripoli. What appear to be tombs have been found in the area of Al-Khirbeh, and according to local legend the town’s land is filled with buried gold jars.
Ras Maska first appears in the Ottoman census of 1519. It belonged to the Nahiyat Koura / Anfeh and was inhabited by 14 male adults. If we adopt the estimation of the Historians, the number of inhabitants of Ras Maska in 1519 would have been 70 persons.
In the Ottoman census of 1571, the number of male adults was 26. The population of Ras Maska practically doubled over the period, growing on average by 12 mil per year.
Currently, the population of Ras Maska is believed to be nearly 20,000 inhabitants.
Some of our wonderful places
Do not hesitate to call us on
We are ready for future work
Check out our latest posts